Our Approach to Justice: Resources
M&S attorneys don’t just seek justice in the courtroom – they are prolific experts who frequently share their thoughts on achieving a more just society. Moreover, Mehri & Skalet attorneys have litigated some of the largest and most impactful cases of our time. As a result, academic sources, popular books, and articles often draw on their work.
On Civil Rights
- Cyrus Mehri and Danielle Davis, A Few Thoughts on Tackling the Issue of Diversity and Inclusiveness in Law Firms
- Cyrus Mehri and Ellen Eardley, 21st Century Tools for Advancing Equal Opportunity: Recommendations for the New Administration. American Constitution Society
- Cyrus Mehri and Ellen Eardley, Defending Twentieth Century Equal Employment Reforms in the Twenty-First Century. American Constitution Society, February 2013.
- Cyrus Mehri, Andrea Giampetro-Meyer and Michael B. Runnels, One Nation, Indivisible: The Use of Diversity Report Cards to Promote Transparency, Accountability, and Workplace Fairness. Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law, 9, 99-152
- Constance L. Hays, The Real Thing: Truth and Power at the Coca-Cola Company. Random House, Inc., April 2005
- Martha Burk, Cult of Power: Sex Discrimination in Corporate America and What Can Be Done About It. Scribner, March 2005
- Robert L. Dipboye and Adrienne Colella, Eds., Discrimination at Work: The Psychological and Organizational Bases. Psychology Press, November 2004
- By Michael K. Brown, Martin Carnoy, Elliott Currie, Troy Duster and David B. Oppenheimer, Whitewashing Race: The Myth of a Color-Blind Society. University of California Press, September 2003
- Armand V. Feigenbaum and Donald S. Feigenbaum, The Power of Management Capital: Utilizing the New Drivers of Innovation Profitability and Growth in a Demanding Global Economy. McGraw-Hill, March 2003
- Bari-ellen Roberts and Jack E. White, Roberts vs. Texaco: A True Story of Race and Corporate America. Harper Perennial, March 1999
- Suzette M. Malveaux, Is It The Real Thing? How Coke’s One-Way Binding Arbitration May Bridge the Divide Between Litigation and Arbitration.
- Tools of the Trade: Using the Law to Address Sex Segregation in High School Career and Technical Education. Executive SummaryPublished in the International Journal of Manpower
- Cyrus Mehri Testifies in Congress in Support of the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Senate Judiciary Committee, September 23, 2008
- Responses to Questions by Senators Patrick Leahy and Arlen Specter
Madison Avenue Project
- Cyrus Mehri and Janelle M. Carter, Change on Madison Avenue. Diversity Executive, November 14, 2010
- Cyrus Mehri and Janelle Carter, View From the Front Lines. AdWeek, September 26, 2010
Fair Housing, Debit and Credit
Bringing Diversity to Sports
- Johnnie L. Cochran, Jr and Cyrus Mehri, Black Coaches in the National Football League: Superior Performance, Inferior Opportunities.
- Advancing the Ball: Race, Reformation, and the Quest for Equal Coaching Opportunity in the NFLB. N. Jeremi Duru, Oxford University Press, December 2010
- Reversing Field: Examining Commercialization, Labor, Gender, and Race in 21st Century Sports Law. Edited by Andre Douglas Pond Cummings and Anne Marie Lofaso Contributors: Cyrus Mehri, Jeremi Duru et al.West Virginia University Press, December 2010
- Earl Smith, Race, Sport and the American Dream. Carolina Academic Press, 2009
- Shaun Powell, Souled Out?: How Blacks are Winning and Losing in Sports. Human Kinetics, 2008
- Mark Maske, War Without Death: A Year of Extreme Competition in Pro Football’s NFC East. Penguin Group, March 2007
- The Lack of Diversity in Leadership Positions in NCAA Collegiate Sports. Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade and Consumer Protection of the House of Representatives Committee on Energy and Commerce. Diane Publishing, February 28, 2007
- Sara Pendergast, Contemporary Black Biography: Profiles from the International Black Community. Volume 55, Gale Cengage, March 2006
- Richard Edward Lapchick, New Game Plan for College Sport. Rowman & Littlefield College Publishing, March 2006
- Martin J Manning, Football and American Identity. By Frank Hoffmann. Routledge, April 2005
- Dominic Pulera, Sharing the Dream: White Males in a Multicultural America. Continuum International Press Group, October 2004
- Richard Lapchick, Jamile M. Kitnurse & Austin Moss II, The 2010 Racial and Gender Report Card: National Football League. The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport, September 29, 2010
General Issues of Law
- Panelists: Cyrus Mehri, Judge U.W. Clemon, Judge John T. Nixon, The Federal Bench in the Age of Obama. National Civil Rights Access to Justice Forum, Emory School of Law, November 11-12, 2010
- Panelist: Cyrus Mehri, The 2010-2011 Supreme Court Preview. American Constitution Society, September 16, 2010
- Alexander Wohl, Why Those “Other” Federal Courts Are So Important in This Election. The American Prospect, October 30, 2008
- Cyrus Mehri and Michael D. Lieder, Onward and Upward after Wal-Mart v. Dukes. Trial magazine, April 2013.
- Steven Skalet, Comments on Proposed Revisions to Federal Rules of Procedure. February 18, 2014.