Mehri & Skalet Announcement for Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Position
The law firm of Mehri & Skalet, PLLC seeks applicants for the position of receptionist/administrative assistant to join our team and support our commitment to employee, consumer, whistleblower, and civil rights.
The receptionist/administrative assistant is a member of the M&S administrative team helping to advance the interests of our clients and support the needs of attorneys and cases. Their desk is located at the front reception area.
As a receptionist/administrative assistant, the individual regularly carries out the following responsibilities on a daily basis:
- serves as the firm’s receptionist, answers and forwards phone calls, welcomes and
- maintains the phone system, including checking the general mailbox, updating
automated messages and setting up phones for new employees;
- sorts mail and deliveries and prepares material for shipment;
- inventories and organizes office supplies;
- drafts correspondence;
- serves as secondary point of contact for building management;
- files documents and organizes periodic bulk document shredding;
- maintains and organizes the copy room, conference rooms, storage rooms, and the
- assists in creating administrative case codes for new matters;
- assists in arranging travel;
- assists in allocating expenses;
- monitors the electronic fax system and ensures delivery to appropriate staff;
- prepares space for new employees and interns;
- coordinates firm events, such as lunches, including set up and clean up;
- enters and maintains calendar items;
- other duties as assigned.
The receptionist/administrative assistant may also be called on to assist with paralegal projects on occasion.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant must be efficient, flexible, professional and courteous with superior organization and time management skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
They must be highly motivated and self-starting; learn quickly; work well independently and on a team; meet deadlines; and be comfortable managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
They must be proactive in responding to and anticipating the needs of attorneys, clients, and visitors to the firm, including scheduling, travel, and day-to-day operations. The receptionist/administrative assistant must be proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet research, and other related office technology. Proficiency with TimeSolv, Lexis, Lexbe and other software utilized by M&S must be developed. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Mehri & Skalet is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that a diverse team improves our work product, enhances our ability serve our clients, and strengthens our ability to attract talented individuals. We strive to maintain a culture that celebrates the strengths of every team member. The firm engages in ongoing efforts to foster a culture of mutual respect and to attract, retain, and promote outstanding lawyers and administrative staff from all backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We advance equal opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, ability, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, and credit history.
Individuals may request a reasonable accommodation during the application process by contacting Ellen Eardley at email@example.com or at (202) 822-5100.
Please submit applications to Surita Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a cover letter, resume, list of three references, and brief writing sample of five pages or less.