Lauren Nussbaum joined Mehri & Skalet in 2018 as an Associate Attorney. Prior to joining Mehri & Skalet, Ms. Nussbaum served as a law clerk for the Honorable Reggie B. Walton of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia and for the Honorable Patrick L. Woodward of the Court of Special Appeals of Maryland.
Ms. Nussbaum graduated summa cum laude from American University Washington College of Law in 2014, where she was a Public Interest/Public Service Scholar, an editor of the Administrative Law Review, and a student attorney for the Disability Rights Law Clinic. Prior to attending law school, Ms. Nussbaum received her Master of Arts in Latin American Studies from Tulane University and her Bachelor of Arts in Spanish from Barnard College.
Ms. Nussbaum is a member of the Maryland and District of Columbia Bars, and is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
- Lauren Nussbaum, Conceiving a National Gamete Donor Registry: Policy Considerations, Privacy Concerns, and Legal Authority, 9 Health L. & Pol’y Brief 25 (2015).
- Susan L. Crockin & Lauren Nussbaum, Embryo Donation: Legal Aspects, in Third Party Reproduction: A Comprehensive Guide (James Goldfarb, ed., 2013).
- Susan L. Crockin, Delia Ribas, Gerardo Escalante, Lauren Nussbaum, Howard W. Jones, Costa Rica’s Absolute Ban on IVF Deemed a Human Rights Violation, 100 Fertility & Sterility 330 (2013).
- Preston D. Mitchum & Lauren Nussbaum, Homophobia as a Public Health Hazard: Gender Identities, Sexual Orientation, and the Human Right to Health, 6 Health L. &Pol’y Brief 124 (2012).
- Valerie Paz Soldán, Angela M. Bayer, Lauren Nussbaum, Lilia Cabrera, Structural Barriers to Screening and Treatment for Cervical Cancer in Peru, 20 Reprod. Health Matters 49 (2012).
- Valerie Paz Soldán, Lauren Nussbaum, Angela M. Bayer, Lilia Cabrera, Low Knowledge of Cervical Cancer and Cervical Pap Smears Among Women in Peru, 31 Int’l Q. Cmty. Health Educ. 245 (2011).
- Angela Bayer, Lauren Nussbaum, Valerie Paz Soldán, Lilia Cabrera, Missed Opportunities for Health Education on Pap Smears in Peru, 38 Health Educ. & Behavior 198 (2010).